The Jericho Project Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit Florida Corporation.
The Jericho Project Inc (TJP) partners to create and develop permanent, attainable housing solutions.
1. Education and outreach to citizens and local governments to bring clarity to the conversation of affordable housing
2. Partnering with those who are ready to provide affordable housing
3. Since 2019, TJP has served as the lead host of Planet Healing Films screening movies from May through October.
Four New Ways to Help Your Community Provide Affordable Housing
- Accessory Dwelling Units as outlined within Florida Statutes, particularly Florida Statutes (FS) 163.31771, Accessory Dwelling Units, and FS 193.703, Reduction in assessment for living quarters of parents or grandparents.
- Shared Housing as allowed by Fair Housing Act, and definition of “family” in local government zoning regulations, allowing up to 4 or 6 unrelated people to live together as family.
- Co-housing developments, also known as pocket neighborhoods, encouraged via a defined Zoning district, similar to that existing in Boulder Colorado.
- Permitting of more mobile home subdivisions, where lots can be owned by individuals.